Re: Monitoring IMAP connection with Monit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monitoring IMAP connection with Monit
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 05:43:43 +0100

On Jan 20, 2005, at 3:36, Kenneth Yip wrote:

Is there any way I can simulate a user login to port 143
using Monit rather than simply testing the connection?

No

or should I use the {send/expect} syntax, assuming that
Monit can't speak in IMAP?

The imap protocol test in monit is very simple and only test that the server respond according to the RFC. So using send and expect strings to test an actual login is the only way. However that should work very well.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255