Re: restart failed

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: restart failed
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:07:05 +0200

The behavior is fixed now (in cvs) ... monit will retry the restart in next cycle until restart count treshold is reached even in the case that the stop method failed.

In any case, monit already sends the error notification in the case that the start/stop method failed - the event type is 'exec', thus when you have not omited the exec event type from the alert definition, you should get something like:

--8<--
Execution failed Service slapd