Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML

From: Bob Williams
Subject: Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:49 -0500

Hello,

I'm new to this list. I've installed Monit 4.7 on a RedHat 9 box I have. I use it to monitor my clients' routers, rather than to monitor the rh9 box. I've got about 20 "check host" directives in my monitrc file. I use the web interface to keep track of who's up and who's down. What I'd like to know is if anyone has extended the HTML generated when you click on a host in the web display. For example, it would be useful to have a link on the host's page that shows just the log entries for that host (e.g., "grep {hostname} monit.log). It would also be useful to be able to include a "host attributes" file that could have user-generated key/value pairs, e.g., Contact: Joe Blow, Phone: 999-999-9999, etc.

I've searched the source code and had trouble finding anything I could sink my teeth into. Has this already been implemented (or something similar?).

Any ideas would be welcome.

BTW, Monit is a great utility as it is, I use it every day to keep track of my clients' networks.

Thanks,

Bob