Re: monit suddenly won't start

From: Mike Pepe
Subject: Re: monit suddenly won't start
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:39:53 -0400

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
As Martin said, nothing seems odd in the examples you sent. I tried to reproduce the exact same content on my Mac OS X and had _no_ problems. There may be hidden control chars in the file. This can happen if the file encoding is messed up. For instance saving an UTF-8 encoded file from a editor that does not support wide-char encoding. Try to open the file in vi and look for any chars that looks odd and remove them.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255