Time of Day exclusion?

From: Paul Monaghan
Subject: Time of Day exclusion?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:11:11 -0400

Every night I have a cron job doing backups that drives cpu wait above my threshold of 20% - I don't want to change the threshold as any time other than the 3 minutes of 12:00am to 12:03am more than 20% CPU wait would be decidedly not normal. I've read through the documentation extensively and don't believe there is a way to do a time of day exclusion but figured I'd ask.

Is there any way for me to do a time of day exclusion or am I best to just use something like:

if cpu usage (wait) > 20% for 3 cycles then alert

Assuming "set daemon 120" is one cycle the above should be 6 minutes which should give me buffer around my 3 minute backup. That make sense? Is that the only way to do what I'm trying to do?

Cheers,

Paul