Re: Monitoring clamav

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monitoring clamav
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 22:31:47 +0100

Hi,

You can use the PidFile option in the clamd.conf to set the path to the pidfile.

Martin

On Dec 1, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

Hello to all.

I've had clamav, installed from source, running on a CentOS 3.8 box for quite some time. Recently, the program has begun to close unexpectedly due to a segfault. Of course, I'm doing what I can to correct this problem. Until I
do, I'd like monit to monitor and restart clamav as necessary.
.
I've looked at the monit clamav example directive, but it doesn't fit my
particular install.  I start the program via the
command "/usr/local/sbin/clamd". I stop it, if necessary, by killing the clamav process. I'm aware the clamav is using port 3310. However, there is no pid. Would someone be so kind as to help me write the proper clamav
directive(s) for monit?

Many thanks.

Diggy

believed to be clean.