monit dying with "hostname did not resolve"

From: Martin Schröder
Subject: monit dying with "hostname did not resolve"
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:59:43 +0100

Hi,
I've got an instance of monit 4.5 on debian which should also monitor
a host and which upon system boot fails to start. Its last words are
monit: /etc/monit/monitrc:417: Error: hostname did not resolve 'f.nic.de'

Now, the name resolves later, so this seems to be a race condition. Is
there anything I can do to use a name (instead of an ip) which is not
resolvable at the start of monit but later?

Best
  Martin