Re: frustrated monit not executing processes

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: frustrated monit not executing processes
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:44:44 +0200

Make sure you are using the latest monit version, 4.9 or 4.10 beta. There has been changes that can have been fixed.

Also if the program you try to execute is a script make sure that the script starts with #! for instance #!/bin/bash This is important! otherwise the execv(3) library function used by monit may refuse to execute the script. And of course, make sure that the script or program is executable, i.e. has the executable bit set.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland