Re: Variable for pidfile

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Variable for pidfile
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:38:01 +0200

On 8/28/07, Martin Flemming <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've got a problem to check the pidfile of a process ..
>
> The pidfile has got the name inclusive his own hostname,
> but unfortunatley monit didn't resolve this variable ...
> What can i do ?

The monitrc config file is not a shell script.
As written in the monit manual in the part 'Alert message layout'
$HOST, $EVENT, $SERVICE, $DESCRIPTION,$DATE are used to
setup custom alert message.

Just put the hostname in the line:
check process hobbit with pidfile
'/usr/lib/hobbit/client/logs/clientlaunch.$HOST.pid

You don't change the hostname often, right? :)

Cheers, Jovan