Re: Monit+Heartbeat using upstart in Ubuntu (feisty)

From: Alex Stewart
Subject: Re: Monit+Heartbeat using upstart in Ubuntu (feisty)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:58:09 -0400

After some more experimenting with upstart using other (simple
(non-forking), non monit) processes that *are* respawned and some
research, it appears this is actually due to a specific limitation of
the current version of Upstart - namely that it cannot respawn any
process that forks (it currently doesn't use/have support for PID
files - see: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00141.html)

Does anyone have a work-around for this?

-Alex