set mailserver to POP

From: Alfredo Deza
Subject: set mailserver to POP
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:46:45 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to set the mailserver option in monit to work with a POP server that is NOT running on the same server monit is.

Basically, this is one in several servers under one domain: www.company.com

I asked for the mailserver and they came with: mail.company.com

Now I placed the option in the monit configuration like:

set mailserver mail.company.com

But I still dont get any alerts.

I have managed to get monit to send alerts in a local machine with the mailserver set as localhost or as 127.0.0.1 but it seems this a totally different thing.

Do you guys have any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot,

--
Alfredo Deza