Re: [monit] syntax error 'then'

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] syntax error 'then'
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 02:17:56 +0200

On 23. aug.. 2008, at 01.59, Len Conrad wrote:

monit version 4.10.1

FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE

monit is working great, except for:

stupid simple, follows exactly the syntax in the monit doc (I think):

check file q_incoming with path /var/db/postfix/q_size_incoming
if size > 1000 then alert

You need to specify a unit for size such as B, KB or MB. That is;

if size > 1000 MB then alert

I see that the manual [1] says that unit is optional and if not specified defaults to byte, this is not true though and unit is mandatory. Not sure if we should change the manual or the parser :-)

[1] http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#file_size_testing

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/monit restart

Performing sanity check on monit configuration:
/usr/local/etc/monit.conf:67: Error: syntax error 'then'

Ps. Using the option -t to monit can also be used to verify control file syntax