weird error

From: Adam Beguelin
Subject: weird error
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:06:08 -0800

I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting this error:

[UTC Jan  9 01:57:38] error    : M/Monit: message sending failed to
http://192.168.148.134:8080/collector -- HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error

This error is showing up on the machine running monit, it seems it can't
connect to the machine running m/monit.

However, m/monit is showing everything is good for both the machine running
monit and the machine running mmonit.

On the m/monit machine I'm seeing these errors:

</moni..." -- syntax error, unexpected CLOSE_TAG, expecting END_TAG or KEY or
'>' when processing message posted from Monit at host '192.168.158.144'
2011-01-09 02:04:01 AssertException: XML parse error -- Parse error at line
[35] near "</message>

It seems the monit process is sending something that m/monit doesn't like.

Any idea why monit is sending some bad XML?  I've looked at the configs and
they seem ok.

Thanks in advance for any help.

        Regards,
        Adam