Re: Future of Monit (was Re: roadmap - any date ?)

From: David Fletcher
Subject: Re: Future of Monit (was Re: roadmap - any date ?)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:43:00 +0000

I don't know the answer to which option is best - from my perspective
Monit currently does what I need, so the slow development and
incremental change is ok for me.

It might be useful to look at how ModSecurity (www.modsecurity.org) has
done things. This is a similar piece of software in terms of it being
for server usage, therefore much more limited market than a consumer
piece of software. They were a small open source project until about 4-5
years ago when they were bought by Breach Security. Around 6-9 months
ago it moved to Trustwave. The original developer Ivan Ristić seems
to be doing other things now, but you can still get an open source
version. I can't remember the license arrangement, but its discussion
was big on the mailing list when it first went to Breach.

I hope this helps,
David.

Email: address@hidden
Web: http://www.megapico.co.uk/