RE: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD

From: Harish Chouhan
Subject: RE: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 19:59:05 +0530

Hello Martin,

I have changed my code with what you sent:

start program = "/bin/bash -c '/etc/init.d/httpd start >>/tmp/httpd.output 2>&1'"

Now the Start & Stop work well. However restart does not work. I don’t think I would need the restart option, but I just want to things to be right. So would appreciate your help.

When I click on the restart button, the status changes to “Execution Failed”.  Same issue when I click restart button on the SSH process. Also can you let me know how to access the log file /tmp/httpd.output? I found no such file on my server.

Awaiting your reply!

Regards,

Harish Chouhan

Visit me at - www.harishchouhan.com
it is possible the start/stop program failed because of some missing environment variable - monit purges the environment when executing the program for security reasons and sets only basic PATH variable. Monit doesn't log the output from the start/stop script by default, you can capture the output by wrapping the program like this:

    start program = "/bin/bash -c '/etc/init.d/httpd start >>/tmp/httpd.output 2>&1'"

Regards,

Martin