Re: check program <unique-name> with path "/path/to/my/script.sh" does n

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: check program <unique-name> with path "/path/to/my/script.sh" does not work
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:55:56 +0100

Hello,

the "check program" requires monit 5.3 or newer - the 4.10.1 won't recognize
it. The configuration snip which you provided looks OK so monit 5.3+ should
parse the configuration without problem - please can you provide full
configuration? Was the error reported by 5.3 the same as 4.10.1? Are you sure
you passed the configuration really to monit 5.3+ or is it possible that it was
old binary? (you can verify the version with "monit -V").

Note that the "check program" also requires "if status" test, otherwise the 5.3
reports the error like this:

    monit: Error: 'check program program_timeout' is incomplete; Please add an
'if status != n' test

=> the correct configuration should look like this:

    check program program_timeout with path "/usr/bin/true"
        if status == 1 then alert

Regards,
Martin