Re: Monit reload not working

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit reload not working
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:19:18 +0200

Hi,

Monit shouldn't disappear during reload - it should keep running with the same
PID. The http server is stopped during the reload and started again if the new
configuration allows the http interface. It seems that in your case monit
crashed during reload - please can you enable the coredumps and send us your
monit binary and the coredump?:

1.) ulimit -c unlimited
2.) start monit in foreground in one terminal using capital "i" option like
this: "monit -Iv")
3.) from other terminal reload monit … if monit will crash, you'll see the
error message in the first terminal + monit will stop and you can collect the
coredump

Regards,
Martin