Re: Monit and SQL query

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit and SQL query
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:40:36 +0200

I've changed the code in Monit so if your program writes anything to stdout or
stderr it will be all that is reported in $DESCRIPTION.

You can download the latest release made available by Martin here,
http://www.mmonit.com/tmp/monit-5.6_svn20120917.tar.gz

In this version, you only need to do two things to have the output from your
python script replace the content of the alert message you get from Monit.

1) You need to add this line in your check program block:
    alert address@hidden mail-format { message: $DESCRIPTION }

2) Your program need to print the error message to stdout or stderr.

That's it.