RE: Monit to not send alerts during bootup

From: Roose, Marco
Subject: RE: Monit to not send alerts during bootup
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 07:20:51 +0000

Hi Rajesh,

this is an interesting question. I came to Monit  from similar problems. For some reasons some services did not start automatically in their runlevels.

I like the messages in the beginning. So  I’m sure all is fine. But I understand your point of view, too. If your services are never started with the system but with monit the initial start is not an abnormal situation and should not raise an alert. But how would you write this in the configuration? Maybe one could implement some uptime condition like this:

check foobar apache with pidfile /var/run/foobar.pid

start program = “/etc/init.d/foobar start”

stop program  = “/etc/init.d/foobar stop”

if 3 restarts within 6 cycles and uptime > 2 min then

alert

If one could deal with the uptime of a system this could be very usefull for some other things.

Best regards,

Marco