Re: [monit 5.25.1] Question on quote escaping

From: viktor
Subject: Re: [monit 5.25.1] Question on quote escaping
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:10:33 +0000

Hello Vladimir!

For example the "hardware" parameters and the network environment of a virtual instance are monitored by a lot of one-liners contained in this script:
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/monitoring/monit/services/01-system_script

Then in monit service config they are executed as "Command Option1 Option2"
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/monitoring/monit/services/01-system

So you may combine them in 1 script with a huge switch/case statement.

С уважением,
Виктор

Quoting Vladimir Scherbinin <address@hidden>:

Szervusz Viktor,

  Thanks for your reply. I was afraid to hear exactly your answer. :)
  The idea is that I was trying to avoid one-liner scripts, but it seems
that there's no other choice unless someone would come up with the solution.

  Thanks again.

--
Vladimir "vovin" Scherbinin.
http://about.me/vovin