monit licensing options

From: Brites, Alfredo (Coriant - PT/Lisbon)
Subject: monit licensing options
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 08:27:49 +0000

Hi,

I would like to use monit as an open source software (not modified, just bundled with the product and used as a separate executable).

However, the legal department is against distributing any Affero GPL software. The concern is that some of our customers would simply reject deployment of AGPL software, without even checking whether section 13 of the AGPL license is triggered or not.

Is there any option to use monit as an open source via some other type of license (not AGPL)?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Alfredo