Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with commit and get_author

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with commit and get_author
Date: 02 Oct 2003 01:02:32 -0400

Steven Lusk <address@hidden> writes:

>   Hate to bother you guys again so soon, but i'm having some bad
>   luck.

not at all. please continue "bothering" us; such feedback means we
know what things are perceived as problems, and therefore should be
changed or fixed.

>   I tried putting the following into .monotonerc:
>
> function get_author(branchname)
>     return { {"steve"} }
> end
>
>   No dice.

yup. that statment returns a table containing a table containing a
string. you need to return just a string:

function get_author(branchname)
    return "steve"
end

I really ought to put some more thorough docs up about the hook
functions, and/or a little sketch of the lua language, since it's
similar-but-not-identical to several languages one might already know.

-graydon