Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems building monotone-0.5

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems building monotone-0.5
Date: 02 Oct 2003 17:15:00 -0400

Jochen Schaeuble <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I would prefer this way. This would enable me to build monotone. I can
> help you replacing all [] and .at's.

ok. I've posted to my depot (and committed to CVS) the reasonably
large set of changes which I wanted to make concurrently with this
change (all logging, invariants, progress, etc. is converted to use
boost::format objects), and added in what I think is a suitable idx()
definition in sanity.hh. if you want to fetch those results from my
depot and start changing all indexing operations to use it, that'd be
cool.

note when changing an indexing operation, you might wish to look
around the area for a redundant invariant check, such as
I(x < foo.size()). for example, in lcs.hh there will be lots (though
I'd prefer to edit that file myself). such redundant invariant checks
should be removed since they provide *less* information than an idx()
check. and in a few cases -- inner loops -- they appear to actually
have a noticable cost, under the profiles I've run.

-graydon