Re: [Monotone-devel] populating a depot server

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] populating a depot server
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:51:21 -0800

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 11:26, graydon hoare wrote:
>   monotone --db=foo.db --branch=com.my.project \
>            queue addtree http://www.foo.com/path/to/depot.cgi/groupname
>
> that'll run for a while, but only because it has to invert the history
> of each edge for transmission. it should queue a pretty minimal set of
> data, overall.

It seems to be working - at least it's sitting there and working the CPU
hard.  I had a false failure when I was trying to use "treeadd" rather
than "addtree" - it just exits silently rather than complaining about a
bad command.

Hm, it has taken over an hour so far, and generated just on 5000
packets.  I think it will finish soon, but I have no way of telling.

> > I tried queueing everything with something like:
[...]
> whoops, no, that's not going to work well. first of all it queues full
> versions of every manifest, which is a lot of data. secondly it doesn't
> queue anything else -- no files, no deltas, no metadata.

I was wondering.  I didn't think it looked right, but I'd thought I'd
give it a go.

> that's a bit more troubling. it's possible your HTTP server doesn't
> run CGIs under a permission which lets them write to the file. also
> possible your crypto++ (or your depot's crypto++) was compiled with an
> optimization setting which causes its RSA calculation to fail (when
> verifying your posting signature); we've seen that before.
>
> if you run post with --verbose, you'll see the HTTP header which the
> depot responded with. that might shed some light on how it's failing.

I'll try it out when the addtree finishes.