[Monotone-devel] Re: How secure are group names?

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: How secure are group names?
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:49:59 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:

And if you don't know the name? Could you find out, which
groups exist?

I was half considering adding this to the q=status request depots respond to, for as a sort of "discovery" mode. perhaps I'll add in a private/public flag when or if I do that.. but it wouldn't be much in terms of secrecy, just a matter of guessing.

if it did become a big issue, the depot knows how to verify RSA signatures, so we could build in support for signed q=since requests, too. right now the access control is only on q=post, and it's very coarse.

 | peti:~/monoprojects/public/homepage$ monotone ls ignored --verbose
 | monotone: opening rcfile '/home/simons/.monotonerc' ... monotone: ok
 | monotone: executing ls command
 | monotone: executing list command

Nothing happens.

huh. works for me. what's in your .monotonerc?

-graydon