[Monotone-devel] Re: Debian sources for building monotone

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Debian sources for building monotone
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:24:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:48:49 -0800, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 01:37:06AM +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have the Debian sources for builing monotone
>> available? That would be more flexible. The binary version of monotone
>> on the monotone web site has dependencies which are not currently in
>> testing or unstable.
>
> I thought the binary version of monotone on the website wasn't supposed
> to have any dependencies other than libc.  Has this changed?  (I'd
> check, but I can't seem to get to venge.net right now.)

Well, this is what I get for the version I downloaded off the
site. The problem is mostly with the libboost versions. I could get
them from snapshot.debian.net but I would really rather do a compile
from source. Hopefully such a strict dependency on libboost is not
necessary.

                                                Faheem.
monotone_0.8-1_i386.deb:
 Package: monotone
 Version: 0.8-1
 Depends: libboost-date-time1.30.0, libboost-regex1.30.0,
 libboost-test1.30.0, libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1), libgcc1 (>= 1
 :3.3.1-1), libpopt0 (>= 1.7), libstdc++5 (>= 1:3.3.1-1)

                                                     Faheem.