[Monotone-devel] CVS-like aliases in monotone?

From: Roland Dreier
Subject: [Monotone-devel] CVS-like aliases in monotone?
Date: 07 Jan 2004 16:06:49 -0800

Hi, I've been looking at monotone, and I'm very interested in trying
it out.  However, it does seem to be missing one feature that is
pretty important for my usage -- something like CVS aliases (or
subversion externals).

I didn't see anything like this in the documentation, but is it
possible to set things up so that when someone checks out directory
foo/, they get directories bar1/ bar2/ etc.?  I would do this in CVS
by adding

    foo -a bar1 bar2

to my CVSROOT/modules file, and I can get a similar effect with
svn:externals for subversion.

Thanks,
  Roland
--
Roland Dreier  <address@hidden>  GPG Key: 1024D/E0EEFAC0
Fingerprint:     A89F B5E9 C185 F34D BD50  4009 37E2 25CC E0EE FAC0