[Monotone-devel] Re: Re-creating a depot?

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re-creating a depot?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:19:13 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:

I just tried that, but the command seems to run _forever_.
Monotone has been taking up all CPU time for at least half
an hour now, even though the branch I'm trying to queue is
consists only of 15 files, which are worth a total of 80KB.
Is that right?

no, that's a bug. it might be stuck in some sort of ancestry-searching loop; I recall there were some cases when that happened. I had thought this was fixed though. can you run it --verbose for a while and send me a log? (also a version code or release number for your monotone build)

    *** Error: std::runtime_error: failure extracting schema from sqlite_master

    **** error return code 205
    **********  errors detected; see standard output for details  ***********

Is that a bug, or is it supposed to be that way?

sounds like "bug". it ought to report locking failure if it's locked, otherwise let you go. though, honestly, I haven't investigated concurrent access to a single database very much. sqlite supposedly does handle it, but I haven't given it a real shake.

-graydon