Re: [Monotone-devel] RE: Support for binary files, scalability and Windo

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RE: Support for binary files, scalability and Windows port
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:07:15 +0100

Asger Kunuk Ottar Alstrup wrote:

I can think of a few other things:

- The footprint on each persons machine should be a function of what
they have checked out - not a function of the size of the full
repository or of the full history. Like CVS.
You could probably set up a few 'server' machines that would host the database (lets say one in each country) and have the others work on it through smb shares... That would require concurent access to the sqlite database. Or if that does not work the FAQ states "[using an embedded SQLl database] leaves the door open to retargeting monotone to a larger RDBMS without much effort, if it's attractive to do so someday in the future."

- Native port to Windows. It seems that the attempt to compile with
VS.NET failed for Zbynek. You already said you were ready to accept
patches for this.
I don't have VS.NET (yet). I think we should have it here in school but I haven't had the time to contact the right people (as they are skiing now anyway :-)). I tried only vs6.0sp5.

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic