[Monotone-devel] Re: BitTorrent

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: BitTorrent
Date: 22 Jan 2004 08:17:20 +0100

graydon hoare writes:

 > I think work best in the situation of many
 > readers/traders of one big data blob

That's what I was thinking about, regarding the recent
discussion of giga-byte-sized repositories. I think, BT can
transfer whole directories as one "entity", so if monotone
could export patches in way that each patch is stored in a
file associated to its SHA1 hash, then this all would
probably. This system would scale very well with large
patches. It would make monotone as distributed as it can
possibly get -- the killer application for SourceForge.

Peter