Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone shortcomings against CVS (kind of TODO lis

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone shortcomings against CVS (kind of TODO list)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:23:13 -0400

Christof Petig wrote:

Do I understand correctly that this hook is not called when netsync inserts new manifests?

correct. only when you type "monotone commit". it's also not done after merges or reads.

Are you comfortable with me implementing this feature (calling a different hook)?

sure! new hooks are pretty cheap. or, if you prefer, it might work just as well to call the same hook from multiple places, perhaps with an extra parameter or something.

Does anybody on this list have an example for email logging via note_commit? (Lua still feels alien to me)

well, the easiest thing I think would just be to open a file, write an email message to it, close it, and os.execute("sendmail ..."). the standard manual[1] should help with that. but there is also a luaSocket[2] library kicking around which knows SMTP, if you want to try doing it up at that level.

-graydon

[1]: http://www.lua.org/manual/5.0/manual.html#5
[2]: http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/