[Monotone-devel] my lame bouncing mail, and re-sending

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] my lame bouncing mail, and re-sending
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:23:00 -0400

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:48:00 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
<address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Graydon,

I noticed that when you answer, you cc: to
address@hidden instead of address@hidden
Unfortunately, the former address bounces (see attached bounce from a
test).

What's up with that?

what's up with it is my mail client being very naughy indeed, and both
selecting a wrong address to associate with the "contact" of that
mailing list (presumably extracted from sender address) and then
filing all the bounces as spam, so I get mystified about why none of
my mail to the list ever gets there since using this client.

hmmpf!

thanks for clarifying the mystery. I will now proceed to re-send a lot
of mail which was received my the "main" recipients, yet never made it
to the mailing list for others to see, and file yet another mental note
about this mail client :(

-graydon