Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Mailing notifications from one server

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Mailing notifications from one server
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:08:00 -0600

graydon hoare wrote:
On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:35:21 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:

Does this sound like a good approach?  I could probably create a lus
script that helps...

it'd probably work. it's probably less work to just teach netsync to
call a new hook when it closes a connection, reporting what it sent
and what it received. I'd be in favour of such a hook; if you want to
cook it up yourself that's great, otherwise please file it as a bug
so I remember to get around to it.

This sounds really good! I was thinking that the netsync tickers should be listing branches, manifests and associated keys as they come in, but a hook sounds better. It would definitely make it easier to track what's coming. At the moment I have branches checked out all over the place and am manually doing updates to see what's gone on.

I wonder if the hook could even optionally do a monotone log between the id's that have arrived so you could email something like an incoming change log. I've been thinking recently that log should be able to take 2 ids and show the logs between them. Assuming of course that they are somehow related I guess.

--
Cheers,
Derek