[Monotone-devel] Wrapper script

From: Mark White
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Wrapper script
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:27:26 +0100

I wanted a few new features quickly the other day -- the
ability to work in directories below the top of the WC, and
a condensed 'svn status' style output -- so I hacked out a
script; you can use it like monotone [for some commands --
smarter bits planned but haven't been needed yet] in subdirs:

  % mtn add blah.c

and it has some macros for formatted output:

  % mtn :st
  A blah.c
  % mtn :dbcert
  8ec49 d7aba 638b0 93ed7 8ea9b bd068 272f9 4adde address@hidden
2004-08-04T11:29:42

which I find moderately useful [the groups of five thing was
for easy reading in a hardcopy's running footer].  Adding
another language layer obviously isn't a long-term move, but
it was a nice fast way of prototyping a few new features.

It's at http://www.celos.net/files/mtn.rb if anybody is
interested.  It's in ruby, and might change when I next want
more convenience features.  You'll need to change two lines
near the top to point to your system's monotone and sha1
binaries (sha1sum on linux).  Try mtn :help for hints.

Mark <><