Re: [Monotone-devel] Developing with monotone

From: Paul Friedman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Developing with monotone
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:33:05 -0400

Quoting Richard Li <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at Monotone and thinking about how to use it for
> software development. Has anyone used Monotone in an environment which
> uses an integration server (for QA, continuous build, or whatever other
> reason)?

Yes - we are currently using monotone for a continuous build.

<snip/>

> What do people generally do here?

I don't know what other people here are doing, but one member of our team wrote
a couple of pretty simple shell scripts to backup the current files, perform a
clean checkout from its monotone repository, call our build process (ant in this
case), and email the results to the team. This is run nightly.

> Is there a Montone equivalent to arch-pqm
> (http://web.verbum.org/arch-pqm/)? Or should I be thinking differently?

I haven't investigated into arch-pqm or anything else for that matter -
the scripts have been working well for us right now and we've been going with
the YAGNI mindset. (http://xprogramming.com/Practices/PracNotNeed.html)

Our team member got this running in about a day and we've been using these
scripts for about a month now.

pax et bonum. p.