[Monotone-devel] Re: dump/reload fails

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: dump/reload fails
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:53:31 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:
When I try that, I get this error:

  /usr/local/src/monotone-current$ ./monotone --db /tmp/foo.db db init
  /usr/local/src/monotone-current$ monotone db dump | ./monotone --db
/tmp/foo.db db load
  monotone: discarding debug log
  monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: sqlite exec error table file_deltas
already exists
  monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

yeah, sorry, I probably didn't make the dump/load instructions clear enough. you need to *not* init the db before loading, just do

   monotone db dump | ./monotone --db=new.db db load

where new.db is a file which does not exist yet; the dump contains SQL statements to create all the tables in question. this is probably just sloppiness on my part that the init command doesn't report a nicer error. it's detectable.

-graydon