Re: [Monotone-devel] problem with update after merge (was: Re: db query

From: Georg-W. Koltermann
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] problem with update after merge (was: Re: db query error on propagate, monotone 0.16)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:56:54 +0100

Am Freitag, den 21.01.2005, 00:36 -0800 schrieb Nathaniel Smith:
> The problem is that 'update' doesn't handle discontinuous branches.

Discontinuous branches also cause weird layout in monotone-viz.  Maybe
it would be worth-wile to think about enforcing connected branches at
all times?  The price to pay would be to actually perform the "silly"
merges I think.  I believe ClearCase (blush) does it that way, calling
it "trivial" merges.

Just a thought.

--
Regards,