Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Gentoo and 64 bits...

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Gentoo and 64 bits...
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:45:39 -0800

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 12:04:31PM -0500, John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:
> Given encouraging replies to my earlier posting I merged monotone
> onto my Gentoo box.  This is a fairly vanilla 2004.3 installation.
> The only things I did were to copy the monotone-0.16.ebuild to my
> overlay tree and to add a ~amd64 keyword.  From there on the build

Great, testers are always appreciated :-).

> proceeded smoothly.  Sadly the result gets an immediate seg fault.
> See backtrace below.

Hmm, that's unfortunate :-/.  Unfortunately, the backtrace doesn't
make any sense to me (how could std::string::operator+ be the top of
the stack?), maybe because your binary has no debugging information...
so not much I can say, unless someone with access to such a machine
wants to investigate further...

For a start, you might try building it by hand with
 $ ./configure CFLAGS="-O0 -ggdb3" CXXFLAGS="-O0 -ggdb3"
and then see what the backtrace looks like...

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music