[Monotone-devel] Compiling on FreeBSD 4.x

From: Dean Kusler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Compiling on FreeBSD 4.x
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:04:43 -0600

Has anyone had any luck getting Monotone to compile on FreeBSD 4.x? The
port is marked as broken, and there aren't any packages available.
I tried to install it from the source, but the configure script kept
barfing. I solved the first couple of issues by adding
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" (to find the boost libraries) and
CXXFLAGS="-ftemplate-depth-20" (to get boost_filesystem to compile), but
after that I couldn't get past the libboost_regex check. I've attached
my config.log in case anyone here has a guess as to what's going wrong.

Thanks,
Dean Kusler