[Monotone-devel] Re: Automate commands

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Automate commands
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:24:58 +0000

Jon Bright <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> If I implemented commands to do these things, would they be
> welcomed?  (I'd doubtless need some help with the second one, but
> that's a side issue).

Yes, I think that would be useful.  I've been using a mixture of svk
and monotone (on different projects, of course) recently, and I've
missed GNU Arch's inventory command.  Having used it, it seems such an
obviously useful feature that I'm surprised it's not in other systems.

A version is documented here
<http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Tla_20Reference_2finventory>.  The
version I'm using (baz) seems to be a bit different: it has an
--unescaped flag, which suggests it's got features to escape filenames
when necessary.

I'm not sure what would be most convenient for monotone users.  My
guess would be to be human-readable one filename per line by default,
and have a -print0 flag to print filenames separated by NUL
characters, which would be useful for programs to use (such as "xargs
-0", and GUIs).  I'm sure there are other possibilities too.