Re: [Monotone-devel] Commit Hook

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Commit Hook
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:54:55 -0700

Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
Does a commit hook exist? Looking in the documentation I don't see what

I don't think such a hook currently exists, but I'm not sure it makes much sense either. You might have a hook defined , but I may not, and if we sync you're going to get my changes without knowing whether I had such a hook in place. Distributed databases makes thing like this so much fun!

There has been some talk on how to share permission information within the database. As I understand it this would mean that sync would include the permission settings stored within the database. Changes to permissions would then restrict revisions derived from the current set of heads forwards, but would not be able to say anything about revisions of parents further back in the revision graph.

I am looking for. For each commit, I would like the be able to allow or
disallow the commit to take place, much like the accept_change... hook.

Do you mean the accept_testresult_change hook?

The difference with this hook is that it affects revisions which are already in your database. If your hook accepts the change these revisions are visible to things like merge and update and if it doesn't then these revisions are not visible (i.e. they are ignored) but they still exist in your database.

Cheers,
Derek