[Monotone-devel] RSCM::Monotone

From: Steven R. Baker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] RSCM::Monotone
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:24:45 -0400

Yo,

I've been working on RSCM::Monotone for the last month or two.  Along
with some great help from Aslak Hellesoy, RSCM::Monotone is nearing
'completion'.

You can grab RSCM from rscm.rubyforge.org, and from the DamageControl
Subversion repository.

Here's a sample program I just ran on one of my own repositories:

---
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'rscm'

DATABASE='/home/srbaker/devel/monotone.db'
BRANCH='ca.linenoise.slimey'
CHECKOUT_DIR='slimey'

mt = RSCM::Monotone.new(db=DATABASE, branch=BRANCH)

#mt.checkout CHECKOUT_DIR

mt.changesets(CHECKOUT_DIR).each {|changeset|
  puts changeset.revision[0,4] + " committed by " + changeset.developer
+ " on " + changeset.time.to_s
  changeset.changes.each {|change|
    puts "\t" + change.status + " " + change.path
  }
}
---

That yields lots of output:

c40f committed by address@hidden on 20050308213013
        ADDED app/controllers/customer_notes_controller.rb
        ADDED app/helpers/customer_notes_helper.rb
        ADDED app/models/customer_note.rb
[snip]
25d8 committed by address@hidden on 20050308201028
        MODIFIED app/views/layouts/standard.rhtml
da12 committed by address@hidden on 20050308200536
        MODIFIED app/views/work_order/month_review.rhtml

The above sample program needs to be run with the latest checkout of
RSCM from Subversion.

Also, it's not perfect.  It failed, for instance, when I ran it on
net.venge.monotone, because revision 6ceb doesn't contain a date and
RSCM::Monotone's changeset parser doesn't know how to fail gracefully in
that event.

I plan on building a web-based repo viewer using this and the Rails
framework.  I expect it to take only about a half day, but I haven't yet
gotten around to it.

-Steven