[Monotone-devel] Re: "prune-branch" cert implementation issues.

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: "prune-branch" cert implementation issues.
Date: 06 Jun 2005 03:09:57 +0200

Michael Stone <address@hidden> writes:

> In discussions on IRC, we decided to try to implement at least the
> first case with a new certificate type, tentatively named a
> "prune-branch" certificate by dscherger.

Oh one minor note, because the certificate says "do not consider
this revision a head for branch xxx" I would like the word head
in the certificate name.  prune-branch suggest something more
complicated that it actual is.  Unfortunately I don't know anything
better than prune-branch, but maybe a variation on:

no-head
prune-branch-head
ignore-branch-head
ignore-head

But this is quite minor and I do not want to participate
in an endless "find the right name" thread.  So from my
point of view, please go along and take any name you like.
I do like the functionality.

Wim Oudshoorn.