[Monotone-devel] Why does "ls unknown" care about missing files?

From: Glen Ditchfield
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Why does "ls unknown" care about missing files?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:44:24 -0500

[~]$ monotone ls missing bin
bin/myweblint
[~]$ monotone ls ignored bin
monotone: warning: missing bin/myweblint
monotone: misuse: 1 missing files
[~]$ monotone ls unknown bin
monotone: warning: missing bin/myweblint
monotone: misuse: 1 missing files
[~]$ monotone --version
monotone 0.19 (base revision: 168adf9537ff136c9b7fe7faad5991f92859390d)

Why does monotone insist that I do something about the missing files before it
will tell me what is unknown or ignored?  Wouldn't those subcommands help me
track down missing files that have been renamed?