[Monotone-devel] Sync without network

From: Heeten Choxi
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Sync without network
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:20:05 -0400

Hello list,

Is it possible to sync multiple databases without using netsync? For example, we have a couple different groups that are working on separate, isolated networks. We would love to have some kind of distributed version control system that let these groups sync with a database located on a USB key or something like that, since they can not have a network connection linking them. Also, we'd like to have a central repository on our main network. The problem is running a network server on our network is an issue. Every one has access to shared NFS drives however, so it'd be nice if we could sync with the isolated networks using a usb key, and then have anyone working on the main network be able to access the database on a NFS drive.

Is this possible with monotone?

Thanks,
Heeten Choxi