[Monotone-devel] Transport encryption - HTTPS?

From: Jon Bright
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Transport encryption - HTTPS?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:16:17 +0200

Hi,

I didn't want to run through the transport encryption thread finding a place to jump in with the suggestion, so here's a standalone mail.

It occurs to me that through the use of HTTP authentication, HTTPS and Nathaniel's recent Python script for syncing via HTTP, it should be possible to completely move the "is the server really the person they say they are" and "please encrypt my synchronisation traffic" issues completely outside of Monotone.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's desirable to solve these problems this way, but it should (given Nathaniel's Python script working) work without any additional developer time being taken for it now. Closer, nicer integration could then be undertaken later when more pressing issues have been dealt with.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.