[Monotone-devel] Pushing a key? [was: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Pushing a key? [was: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision a7d8971d27602ff47d07e11c3ca1eb1955d49bda]
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:12:18 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:07:36 UT, address@hidden
said:

monotone> ChangeLog:
monotone>
monotone> 2005-10-16  Timothy Brownawell  <address@hidden>
monotone>       Teach client to optionally push unused keys; new
monotone>       pubkeys can now be given to a server without
monotone>       restarting it.
monotone>       * app_state.{cc,hh}, monotone.cc, options.hh:
monotone>       new command-specific-option --key-to-push=<key> , used
monotone>       to sync/push a key that hasn't signed anything
monotone>       * netsync.cc: make it work
monotone>       * commands.cc: push and sync take it
monotone>       * tests/t_netsync_pubkey.at: test it

Interesting concept!  (and oh, nice way to insert the basic concept in
the log, I'd love to see more of that)

One question, though, what's the intended purpose?  I understand that
this might mean that a new person could push through his key, not
having to send it to njs or graydon by email, for example.  However,
since communication is signed (right?), there would stil be a catch
22.

Cheers,
Richard

-----