Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin and monotone

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin and monotone
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:16:27 +1300

At 2005-10-16T10:16:57+0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Matthew Gregan wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the resulting binary crashes immediately.  I suspect this
> > will be due to a static initialization problem (we've seen these before
> > on different platforms when doing ports of monotone), but I haven't had
> > time to dig into it yet.
>
> Very unfortunate. But I hope I (and maybe some other cygwin-user) can find
> the time take a look at it soon.

The crash turned out to be infinite recursion in our path handling code
while trying to build up some paths.  This appears to be a result of the
fact that the Boost filesystem library shipped with Cygwin has been built[0]
to use Windows-style paths rather than POSIX-style.

I've got a local hack to work around this problem, but it'll become obsolete
once a fixed build of the Boost filesystem library is available for Cygwin.

[0] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00224.html

Cheers,
-mjg
--