Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: ../change_set.cc

From: Peter Portante
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: ../change_set.cc:380: invariant 'I(isect.empty())' violated
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:02:52 -0400

Okay,

On 10/25/05 7:19 PM, "Nathaniel Smith" <address@hidden> wrote:

> , and your status is that you'd like to commit it but can't?
>
> If so, then you should be able to just say
>   $ monotone rename topc-2.5.1-Beta7-pajp/src/mpinu/BUG/BUG.orig \
>     topc-2.5.1-Beta7-pajp/src/mpinu/where-ever/BUG.orig
> and be okay.  If that doesn't work, let us know?

It didn't work. :(

monotone: beginning commit on branch 'edu.neu.ccs.csg280.topc.debug'
monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: ../change_set.cc:380: invariant
'I(isect.empty())' violated
monotone:
monotone:
monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
monotone: please send this error message, the output of 'monotone
--full-version',
monotone: and a description of what you were doing to
address@hidden
monotone: wrote debugging log to
/Users/portante/Documents/Personal/School/CSG280/TOP-C/MT/debug

How would I back out the rename of BUG.orig, just leaving BUG.file, and back
out the BUG directory addition, adding it as a different name?

Thanks for your time.

I have to say, I really like the way monotone works. We use CVS right now in
our group, and we really need change sets. We also would like the ability to
change the structure of things, including their names, and track that over
time.

We would like to be able to ask a CMS does a given branch contain a
changeset? Is that kind of question handled by monotone?

Thanks again,

-peter