[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Patch

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Patch
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:52:20 +0000

"Matthew A. Nicholson" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> If there was a monotone patch command, it could handle all of the
> renaming and stuff on it's own.  Just wanted to get some thoughts on
> this.

Comprehending and applying diffs seems a bit hairy to me, but maybe
monotone has to do that anyway.

For Unix (and for experimenting), maybe it would be moderately easy to
take a monotone diff and split it into a stream of patches to
individual files, renames, and adds/drops, in such a way that the
patches can be fed directly to patch(1)?

I think that would be useful.

I'm less sure about building it in to monotone; my guess is that would
end up as an lua hook which'll end up just calling "patch" anyway.
Don't know about Windows, though.